Thursday 4 July 2013

The Adventures Continue...

After an extended sabbatical from the blog, I thought it was time to pick it up again. So much has happened in the meantime that I will not try to play catch-up, but I might post some flashbacks of the best moments.

So we have been living in Lehi, Utah for the past couple of years since moving back from England. A year had barely past that Levi was already talking about moving back to Europe. I would not hear any of it, so to counteract his talks of worldwide travels, I would find ways to make him understand that we were finally settling down. I first bought a pet: a beta-fish - ok, ok, it's not as permanent as a dog or cat, but it was a start ;) Then I bought more furniture and home decorations, contacted a real estate agent, and had a mortgage pre-approval for the next step. I spent hours online looking at properties in the area and drove by the homes that interested me the most. But for some reason, I couldn't feel right about it when I tried to project myself 10 years in the future and living in the Utah Valley area. Eventually I realized I wasn't ready to settle down yet.

It's so ironic because I loved our ward, met amazing people, and the kids had great friends in the neighborhood and couldn't fathom leaving them, but it wasn't meant to be: after months of praying, thinking, thinking, and discussing with Levi, it was clear that we needed to follow our hearts. I also desired to be closer to my mom and for the girls to attend school in France. At the end of the day, I cannot even rationalize our move, so I am going to stop trying.

We arrived in Paris on April 17th, 2013. Levi got a job offer on the 19th. Nothing short of a miracle, really. Oh, I forgot to mention that I was 5 months pregnant at the time of the move :) I was able to register immediately at a maternity clinic 2 mins away from my mom's home, where we are currently staying, and although paperwork takes forever, life has been good and we are happy with our decision.

So, there you have it. Now time for some pictures!

No comments: