Tuesday 13 August 2013

Chez tonton (At my uncle's)

What I love most about being back in France is the chance to spend time with my extended family. I took them for granted growing up, and I enjoy getting to know them better. I realize how precious our reunions are, especially with the frequency of our moving around. I love my uncle and his wife dearly: they are some of the kindest and loving people I know. Here we are enjoying a Summer day in their garden.

My uncle Antoine, my brother Igor, and my mom

The girls were so happy to be reunited with my great-aunt's dog, Cricri. My great-aunt passed away this year and my uncle kept her dog, along with his 2 dogs.

My mom, my aunt Dominique, and my cousin Arthur

He's quite popular with the girls, plays the guitar, and studies engineering: got the smart genes alright!


Did I mention that my uncle and his family live in a beautiful mansion, North of Paris? Yeah, I drool over it every time we visit. It comes with an amazing fire place, and a nice size garden.


I love this picture of my aunt: she's a talented architect and has a very nice and positive personality.



Next to Eve and Sophie is my other cousin, Guillaume (William, in French), also studying engineering.

This girl could not help but hold or pet Cricri, down to the very last second.

No comments: