Thursday 25 July 2013

In the heat of Paris

I swore I would NEVER be caught pregnant in the summertime. Then again, it's not the first time I have contradicted myself. I am now 32 weeks along and although I feel better than in previous pregnancies at this stage, the heat wave we have been swallowed in drains all my energy and if I have survived thus far, it's by taking up to 3 cold baths a day. Air-conditioning is a luxury and a rarity in Parisian housing, and since we live on the 6th floor, we get a lot of sunlight and all the heat rises up to our dwelling. I miss the sea breeze and freshness that we were lucky enough to enjoy 2 weekends ago.

The kids are out of school since July 6th and it's up to me to come up with some brilliant ideas to occupy them. Eve and Sophie are very content staying home and playing on their own, but considering that we are at a pretty rich cultural center of the World, I feel it is my duty to take them on adventures in the most beautiful parks, gardens, museums, and streets of Paris.

Monument dedicated to Joan of Arc, by the Parc des Tuileries and the Louvre


This waterfall was one of my favorite Summer spots as a child. It's in a little corner of the Parc Montsouris, a mere 5 min walk from home. I love sharing these fond memories with my girls.

The Pont Alexandre III and some peniches on the Seine



Apparently, Lenine used to reside in this building prior to the October Revolution

One of the many statues that adorn the Parc Montsouris

No comments: