Thursday 4 July 2013

Surprise visits at dear friends on the way back to Utah

On the drive home, we stopped by to see some dear friends of ours from our first married/family ward in Provo. First we stopped in Aurora, CO, then spent the night at Fort Collins to see another family.
Ok, imagine trying to get 7 kids to stay still for a picture...

Zabel and Jermaine - such sweet and fun people - I'm so glad I got to see them, even if it was just for a couple of hours.
Ben & Summer - Summer once was my running partner: I have such strong bonds with my running buddies, it just ciments a friendship like nothing else...especially running a certain half-marathon in the pouring rain. 
I wish I could just travel and visit all of my dear friends to get a chance to catch up and see how they are all doing, see how they've changed and settled, and especially how happy they are. I am so lucky to have such friends that I could just stop by and visit even after years of not seeing each other. Thank goodness for Facebook ;)

No comments: